With the ceremony site having been chosen, I've included a couple pictures of the barn as well as some inspiration.
- For the alter, some kind of vintage dresser or side board. I love the look of all the drawers open and filled with flowers!
- I definitely want to display pictures from my parents wedding, and my in-laws wedding! Nick and I both come from long, successful marriages and we want to celebrate and honor that history.
- Pinatas. I love them. Outdoor wedding? Great excuse to break something with a stick.
- Vintage mismatched seating is a dream of mine.
- I got the idea to string a laundry line with lace hanging from it to block the guests view of the 'aisle'. A big reveal is a must for those of us with a flair for the dramatic.
- I want to incorporate gold into the whole day and a great way is through sparkly wands! Haha. That sounds weird? I'm thinking they wave them in the air during the recessional in lieu of messy confetti.
- A cheese wheel 'cake'. I have always loved this idea, and Nicks family are crazy about cheese so I think it will be a hit.
- Sparkly dessert table.
- Simple cocktail table covers that look romantic and classy.
- A board game station!
- Gold streamers!
- Nick and I came up with the idea of displaying romantic comic book art as an homage to his geekery.
- Himmelli chandeliers (in gold of course).
- One idea we've been bouncing around is that of a DIY photobooth strip kinda like the Halloween version seen above. We really want to incorporate a photobooth, but they're quite expensive to rent.
Obviously these ideas are still evolving! We'll see more in January when we speak with our decorator!